Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Taste Test

.



Matt has been rather eager to try some of the goodies Julia recently sent to us, so Friday night we had the Mee Rebus, pictured above.

Big hit. Matt adored it. (Matt says: a bit sweet, distinct taste of peanuts, very much the sort of thing I'd expect from Malay/Indonesian/etc. cuisine. Tasty, although I'm not convinced I chose the right noodles) He ate a lot, which is rare for him. This is so very much his kind of thing.

It was garnished with fried tofu, boiled eggs, diced peppers...I can't even remember everything he put in it, but it was filling and quite delicious...thank you, Julia!

To go with, I made some ginger/tofu filled wontons, which I think are quite tasty.



We even grazed on the left-overs later in the evening...so, I'd say it was a successful meal.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Tofu is one of thoughs things I want to use more of but have no idea where to start. Maybe one day i'll get the nerve to start trying!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Not long after I went veggie, I noticed my local grocery store sold blocks of tofu. It seemed like the sort of thing I should be eating, so I'd buy a couple. And end up throwing it away because I never knew what to do with it!

These days, I use it in all kinds of ways; throw some in a bowl of miso, stir-fried in fried rice, or as a replacement for meat.

And there are cookbooks out there all about tofu, so take heart!

Oh, yeah...it's good for the heart, ha ha.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Yum looks great!
It looks like you had fun too! those wontons look delish ;)

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, I love those wontons. It's a bit of effort (fifty to a pack, and you only use a teaspoon of filling), but they are sooo good.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

So what are you doing out of bed at 4:00 am?

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

OH, no...that's not entirely accurate!

I tend to prepare posts early. Often, we'll deal with a bunch of photos at one time, and I'll create several posts for them...breaking them up into days and saving them as drafts.

This post was actually created around four in the afternoon, on Sunday! But I like to post 'early', so I switch the time to AM.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're most welcome! Glad you guys liked the mee rebus. The noodles look the right ones.

Yummy-looking wontons, Stephanie! They're just perfect to go with mee rebus. :)

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

No, thank you, Julia!

The wontons are great...and I'll be making another version of them this weekend...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker