Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Everything You Wanted to Know About Blog Party, But Were Afraid to Ask

.



"So, what's the Blog Party business I keep hearing about?", you may ask.

Blog Party is a virtual cocktail party. Yeah, ok...seriously, what is it?

I love making appetizers and entertaining. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't really allow for throwing fabulous parties nearly as often as I'd like. I decided to combine some of my loves (blogging, meeting new people, food) into an event, and thus, Blog Party was born.

"How does it work?"

It's pretty simple, really, and I think we've now gotten it down to something like a science.

On the first day of the month, I put up a post announcing the party's theme...it can be just about anything these days. You then have until the third Thursday third Friday of the month to create your entry and submit it to me. That Saturday Sunday, I'll post the round-up as a meet-and-greet, introducing each guest and their foodie contributions. I'll also suggest some theme-appropriate tunes and serveware/decorations. You don't have to take my advice, but I do put it out there.

"What are the rules?"

The only hard and fast rules for Blog Party are that you include at least one appetizer and cocktail/mocktail, in accordance with the theme, in your entry. That's about it.

The rest is up to you. Want to throw a real party, and test out your dishes? Go for it. Include a recipe? Up to you. Photos of you in party clothes? Well, keep in mind: I run a fairly PG-13 blog, here!

"Can anyone join the party?"

Absolutely. As long as you're preparing a drink and some finger food, we'd love to have you at the party. Even if you don't have a food blog, you can send photos and a write-up to me, and I'll post them for you.


Still have questions? Below, you can find the round-ups from previous Blog Parties. Read through, and see what we've been up to these past months. If there's still something I haven't covered, just contact me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, and I'll do my best to help.

Past Parties:

Blog Party#1: The Inagural Round

Blog Party#2: Tiki Party

Blog Party#3: Big Game Night

Blog Party#4: The Holiday Edition

Blog Party#5: Vegas, Baby!

Blog Party#6: Retro Party

Blog Party#7: Red & Hot

Blog Party#8: Brunch: Worth Getting Up Late For
Blog Party#9: Dessert? Well, Just a Bite

Blog Party#10: Garden Party

Blog Party#11: Man Food

Blog Party#12: Passport Party

Blog Party#13: Cool as a...

Blog Party#14: Kid's Party

Blog Party#15: Literary Party

Blog Party#16: Take-Out

Blog Party#17: Lights, Camera, Action!

Blog Party#18: Black & White

Blog Party#19: Take Comfort

Blog Party#20: Showers Everywhere

Blog Party#21: Let's Have a Picnic!

Blog Party#22: Wild Wild West

Blog Party#23: Sci-Fi

Blog Party#24: Blogger's Choice

Blog Party#25: Minty Goodness

Blog Party#26: It's What's Inside

Blog Party#27: Halloween

Blog Party#28: Fusion

Blog Party#29: Another Bite of Dessert

Blog Party#30: Veggie-Friendly

Blog Party#31: Fried Food Frenzy!

Blog Party#32: Pizza Party!

Blog Party#33: Diner & Street & Pub Food

Blog Party#34: The Buffy Bash

Blog Party#35: Chocolate Party

Blog Party#36: Blogger's Choice

Blog Party#37: Retro Party Redux

Blog Party#38: Birthday Bash

Blog Party#39: Gross Anatomy

Blog Party#40: The Holiday Edition, 2.0

Blog Party#41: Traditions

Blog Party#42: Tiki, Two

Blog Party#43: Spice it Up

Blog Party #44: Pantry Raid

2 Thoughts for food:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger So So Simple said...

Hi Stephanie Just found out about your blog party from Barbara Winos and foodies. Sounds fun.
Can I be on your mailing list for the next one.

Cheers

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

So Simple...hi there! We'd love to have you aboard. I don't really have a mailing list; usually post the new theme on the first of the month (a bit late this time). So, be sure to check back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker