Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Minted Lamb Burger

.






Like the rest of you (I'm sure), I have more recipes bookmarked on my computer than I will live long enough to make.

Each has a folder, with expected titles like 'chicken', 'pies', 'beverages'.

There's also one marked 'For Matt'.

With the range of meat analogues (faux meats) available today, Alex & I can have the same, albeit vegetarian, meals as Matt.

But there are just some things that can't be 'faked', & lamb is one of them.

So it was finally time to make something just for Matt, & the Minted Lamb Burgers wtih Feta & Hummus got the nod.

Well...sort of.

We completely forgot to get feta, so there's that. But hummus spread on the bottom roll, the burger, lettuce, tomatoes & topped with raita.

And yes. He says it was as good as it looks.

Oh, & don't worry! Alex & I weren't left out: we had the same meal, but with falafel 'burgers', instead.

Labels: , , ,

6 Thoughts for food:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger LoLy said...

I am new around your blog :) and I love it..
I am your new happy follower :D

xxx
Loly
http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I would like either the lamb or the falafel versions.

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Katherine C said...

both the lamb and falafel burgers sound delish. We are getting a new kitchen in August (yay) but will have to make do with BBQ, salads, and a electric skillet for a month! So burgers are a good option.
Yes, I probably have enough clipped recipes for the next 2000 years...

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

BV: Matt loved his, obviously & yeah, the falafel were darn good.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Katherine: I want to see pictures!!!!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, LoLy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker