Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Visit with a friend

.

...Hi!

Remember me?

I'm still here. I'm still cooking and baking and creating.

What I'm not doing is blogging.

Yep.

But I'm here now.

Because today was National Soup Day (I'm doing this thing where I try to work in as many 'National Day of' food events into my menus as possible this year) and the timing being what it is, decided to post so I could swing by my dear friend Deb's and join her Souper Sundays.

I know: it's been a while!

I found a recipe from Williams-Sonoma for Lasagna Soup and knew I had to try it.

Nothing too difficult or outrageous, but sounded interesting. And I'm a sucker for deconstructed recipes, so...

A tomato-y broth, pasta, and meatballs topped with an amazingly creamy cheese mix. Wow. WOW. So good.

Obviously, I made some changes. First up was splitting the recipe in two, one pot following exactly and the other done vegetarian.

So, vegetable soup base instead of chicken broth. Vegetarian Italian 'sausage'. And because Alex does not like ricotta, swapped that with marscapone.



Huge success. Everyone loved it. To go all internet-speak: "10/10 would make again".

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Thoughts for food:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

Hey Friend! It is so nice to see you post and have you visit me at Souper Sundays this week. This soup looks amazing--I love all of your changes to the recipe.
Thanks for sharing it! Don't wait so long to come back! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker